JT’s Grilled Chicken
Hickory wood chips
1 Whole cut up chicken
1 Whole fresh lime (Squeezed)
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon seasoning salt
½ tablespoon black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min over low to med flame
1. Soak hickory wood chips 1 hr. in a bowl of water
2. Season chicken (to taste) and let stand for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
3. Light charcoal and wait for charcoal to grey over.
4. Once charcoal is grey add chicken to grill. Place wet wood chips on top
of charcoal and close the lid.
5. Check flame every 15 min. and add a handful of wood chips every 30 minutes.
Turn chicken every 10 to 15 minutes. The chicken is done when juices run clear
or internal temp reaches 165° F.