Family Fitness IdeasNeed a little inspiration?
Sign up here to receive
the fitness information
you need when it comes
to family fun, nutrition and
sports and fitness!
Send us a photo showing your
family getting fit together!
Put Spring in Your Step
Yikes! If you haven’t been active, winter can take a scary toll on your waistline. There’s nothing like the promise of summer shorts and bathing suits to make that laziness a reality. Why not make Spring Break your family’s opportunity to spring into action for a healthier summer – and year.
Set goals together.
Talk about what you’re going to do this summer and how a healthier lifestyle will make those activities more fun.
Don’t get too crazy about it.
You don’t need to do everything at once to get in shape for spring and summer.
• Change just one or two things like controlling portion size or lowering fat and
• Once that change is a solid habit, initiate another change.
Add more daily physical activity –with the goal of 30 minutes every day.
• Turn off the TV, shut down the computer, hang up the phone and get outside!
• Go for a brisk walk at lunchtime, after dinner, or both.
• Take the stairs whenever you can.
• Wash the family car as a family.
• Get into the garden. Plant, weed, mulch, trim, bag and mow your way to
improved fitness. Take it a step further and plant a family garden filled with
vegetables, fruits and herbs.
• Walk in place or dance while you watch TV.
• Is school or work nearby? Switch from car rides to bicycle rides.
• Plan a family hike at least one weekend a month.
Get family sports and
of our previously
posted sports and
to view them.