ABCS OF FITFAMILIES
MY FITFAMILY GOAL TRACKER
Family Fitness Ideas
Need a little inspiration?
Sign up here
the fitness information
you need when it comes
to family fun, nutrition and
sports and fitness!
Summer Gym Breaks
Take the kids back to school! The local school playground is a great place for toning up all summer long – and there’s no membership fee.
Get to the playground in the cool of early morning to avoid the heat of the day, or walk over together after dinner for a family evening of re-energizing fun.
• Do chin-ups on the monkey bars or “walk” them with your arms to build upper body strength
• Hang upside down from the monkey bars and bring your head up to your knees for an intense core workout (be sure you’ve got a spotter to keep you safe)
• Get on the swings to work your core by controlling your speed and height. Don’t forget to pump those legs!
• Look for ways to use the open space for big activities, like Frisbee golf, throwing a football, playing badminton or setting up a game of lawn bowling or croquet
• Bring hula hoops, jump ropes and chalk for hopscotch to make the most of the smooth paved surfaces
• Plan a weekly game of basketball, kickball or softball with other families and friends.
Get Family Fun
Missed any of our
to view them.
© 2016 UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Privacy Notice and Consent