JB Andrews Receives 4-H Health Rocks! Grant
JB Andrews Youth Programs was awarded a $2500 4-H Health Rocks! Grant from the University of Maryland (UMD) Cooperative Extension Service. Health Rocks! is a curricula for a healthy living program targeted at young people ages 8 to 14 years old. Teen and adult facilitators share hands-on activities that educate youth on the consequences of tobacco, alcohol and drug use. The 4-H Health Rocks! program goals include:
• Reduce youth smoking and tobacco use
• Help youth build life skills that lead to healthy lifestyle choices with special emphasis on youth smoking and tobacco use prevention
• Help youth understand influences and health consequences of tobacco, drug, and alcohol use to make healthy choices
• Engage youth and adults in partnership to develop and implement community strategies that promote healthy lifestyle choices
• Build positive, enduring relationships with youth involved as full partners through widely varying "communities of interest" to address youth risk behaviors
JBA Youth Programs staff receive an initial UMD Health Rocks! training in April and use the funding to introduce Health Rocks!, train teen mentors and enhance on-going healthy living programs already in place. JBA YP staff will utilize youth and adult leadership teams to teach and implement the experiential Health Rocks material and work with the University of Maryland 4-H Cooperative Extension team to ensure a successful program. This opportunity is possible due to the long standing partnership Air Force Youth Programs has with HQ USDA, 4-H Cooperative Extension and Land Grant University System as we support military families, youth and communities. To learn more about the 4-H Health Rocks initiative, visit: http://tiny.cc/9pa6sw
Posted by on 12th April, 2013 | Comments (1) | Trackbacks
Tags: University of Maryland Cooperative Extension Service, 4-H Health Rocks!, healthy living program, Reduce youth smoking, healthy lifestyle choices
The trackback URL for this page is http://www.usaffitfamily.com/trackback?post=26797303
There are no trackbacks for this post
I was pretty pleased to discover this website. I want to to thank
you for ones time for this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of
it and I have you book marked to look at new stuff in your website.
I was pretty pleased to discover this website. I want to to thank you
for ones time for this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and I have you book marked to look
at new stuff in your website.
Posted on 22 December, 2014 by Basil
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.