Fiesta Party Bean Dip Party hearty with a healthy dip that tastes great too. No one needs to know it’s lower in fat and sodium than traditional bean dip! Lime juice plumps up the flavor of lower-sodium organic refried beans; making your own tortilla chips saves on fat calories. Ole!
• 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
• Cooking spray
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 can (16-ounce) organic refried beans
• 1 cup organic bottled salsa
• 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
• 1/4 cup chopped green onions
• 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
• 3/4 cup shredded 4-cheese
Mexican blend cheese
• 3/4 cup light sour cream
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges, arranging them in a single layer on two baking sheets. Lightly spray wedges with cooking spray and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Set aside to cool.
3. Coat an 11” x 7” inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine juice, cumin and beans in a medium bowl, stirring until well combined and spread evenly into the dish. Top evenly with salsa. Combine corn, onions, and olives; spoon mixture evenly over salsa. Sprinkle cheese over corn mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and allow dip to stand for 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories:162 (31% from fat)
Fat: 5.6g (sat 2.4g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.4g)
Makes 12 servings of 1/2-cup of dip
and 4 tortilla wedges