For those who are trying to make the shift to gluten-free, make sure these gluten-free foods are on your shopping list.
Get fitness tips information
from the FitFamily archives!
If you missed any of our previously
posted Fitness Tips articles,
to view them.
- Beans, legumes and nuts
- Fish and seafood
- Gluten-free bread in the freezer section
- Grains and other starch-containing foods including rice, cassava, corn (maize), soy, potato, tapioca, sorghum, quinoa, millet, buckwheat groats (kasha), arrowroot, amaranth, teff, flax, chia, yucca, gluten-free oats and nut flours
- Healthy fats including extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, grass-fed tallow and organic or pasture-fed butter, ghee, almond milk, avocados, coconuts, olives, nuts and nut butters and cheese (except for blue cheeses)
- Meat and poultry
- Most condiments (EXCEPT catsup, soy sauce and chutney) are ok as long as they are free of gluten and wheat
- Seeds including flaxseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds
And don’t forget to read the labels!