Spicy Chicken-Chipotle SoupJust one chipotle chile (smoked jalapeño peppers, usually canned in adobo sauce) adds smoky heat to this rich soup. To tame the spice, substitute a ½ teaspoon smoked paprika for the chile – to crank up the spice, add in adobo sauce. Navy beans add to the protein punch.
Saturated fat: 3.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 (15.5-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed
• 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium
• 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce,
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
(about ½ pound)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher. Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in oil.
To serve: Place 1¼ cups of soup in each of four bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
4 servings of 1¼ cups each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.