Pork Chops with
Sides of orzo and green beans turn these chops into a Greek-inspired meal. The lightly breaded chops cook quickly and the sauce comes together easily for an ideal mid-week family meal you’ll linger over.
Total fat: 2.3 g
Saturated fat: 1.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops
(about ½-inch thick), rinsed and patted dry
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
¼ teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
• Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs, cheese, and pepper in another shallow dish and place egg white in a third shallow dish.
• Dredge chops in flour mixture, then dip in egg white, and finally dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Spray each side of the coated chops with cooking spray and set aside.
• Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
• Remove chops from pan and cover to keep warm.
• Add broth and remaining ingredients to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to ¼ cup. Serve sauce with pork.
1 chop and 1 tablespoon of sauce each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.