ABCS OF FITFAMILIES
MY FITFAMILY GOAL TRACKER
Choose your Drinks Wisely and Save Calories
Knowing how many calories you save when drinking water or other
beverages gives you options on enjoying those calories elsewhere.
This quiz can help you understand the ways you spend your calories.
1. Choosing to drink water instead of regular soda can save you as many as ____ calories.:
2. How many teaspoons of sugar are in 20 ounces of soda?
a. 5 teaspoons
b. 8 teaspoons
c. 12 teaspoons
d. 18 teaspoons
3. If you drink just 12 ounces of a high sugar content beverage each day, you can gain up to __ extra pounds in one year. :
a. 2 pounds
b. 5 pounds
c. 10 pounds
d. 25 pounds
4. Fruit juice concentrates contain added sugar and calories:
5. 12 ounces of chocolate milk is higher in calories than 12 ounces of soda.:
6. Save ___ calories by drinking 8 ounces of 2% milk instead of whole milk.:
a. 10 calories
b. 20 calories
c. 30 calories
d. 40 calories
7. Orange juice is lower in calories than apple juice. :
8. Which of these is lowest in calories?
a. Plain soy milk
b. Nonfat milk
c. Nonfat soy milk
9. Sports drinks and energy drinks have the same number of calories.:
10. A small café latte (12 ounces) made with fat-free milk can save you 50 calories over a medium café latte (16 ounces) made with whole milk.: