ABCS OF FITFAMILIES
MY FITFAMILY GOAL TRACKER
Sleep is a critical factor in your overall health and wellbeing.
Take this quiz to remind yourself how vital sleep is to living well.
1. Where do you spend most of your time at home?
2. On the weekends should you get up:
At about the same time as the weekdays
Later than on weekdays because I can sleep in
Earlier than on weekdays because there’s a lot to do
3. At the end of a long day, which of the following is the best way to unwind before bed?
Soaking in a warm tub
Drinking a warm cappuccino
Watching an action movie
4. What is the most important investment you can make in your child’s well-being?
5. How often should you exercise for optimal sleep, whether it’s a workout at the gym or simply walking the dog?
1 – 2 times a week
3 or more times a week
6. What piece of home furniture is most important to your health and wellbeing?
The kitchen/dining room table
Your couch/comfy chair
7. What helps you perform your best in a sport?
The best equipment
The right partners/teammates
Starting the day with a good night’s sleep
8. What is the most important activity at the end of each day?
Watching the news
Being sure your “to do” list is done
Getting to bed before you’re exhausted
9. What percentage of our lives do we spend asleep?
10. How many hours of nightly sleep does the average teenager need for good health?
11. What are the consequences of not getting enough sleep?
Higher stress levels
A tendency to make mistakes
All of the above
12. Can you die of sleep deprivation?
Yes – 10 days without sleep can kill you
No – it just feels that way!