Quick Broccoli Cheese SoupUsing frozen broccoli and light processed cheese makes this a fast anytime soup with a creamy, satisfying texture. It reheats well too, so take it or pack it for lunch!
Saturated fat: 4g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
2½ cups 2% reduced-fat milk
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta Light)
1. Coat a large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add broth and broccoli. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper.
5. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
6. Place ⅓ of the soup in a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender), and process until smooth. Stir into remaining soup in saucepan and serve.
5. Place whipping cream in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
Serves 6 (½ cup each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.