Get fitness tips
information from the
If you missed any
of our previously posted
Fitness Tips articles,
to view them.
In our post Pump Up da “D” you learned why adults and children need vitamin D. Here are some tips regarding this important hormone.
- Foods highest in vitamin D include trout, cod liver oil, salmon and tofu.
- Help your body get the vitamin D it needs by exposure to sunlight, vitamin D pills, and vitamin D-rich foods.
- You can get your daily dose of vitamin D with three ounces of trout, six servings of raisin bran or 1.5 cups of mushrooms.
- If you’re taking a pill for vitamin D, an adult will need 600 milligrams.
- Avoid too much vitamin D (10,000 mg per day) because it can lead to a heart attack or kidney stones.
- Some types of orange juice and milk are fortified with vitamin D.
- Beef liver is a great source of vitamin D.
- For those who can’t get outside for 25 minutes per day, an ultraviolet lamp will also do the trick.
- Do you like egg yolks? They’re another great source for vitamin D.
- Fatty fish is best, but canned tuna also has significant amounts of vitamin D.