Family Fitness IdeasNeed a little inspiration?
Sign up here to receive
the fitness information
you need when it comes
to family fun, nutrition and
sports and fitness!
Turn Spring Cleaning into Active Fun
With just a touch of creativity, you can turn seasonal top-to-bottom house cleaning into clean competition set to a lively beat. Get the whole family involved and create an annual event you’ll all look forward to.
Make every chore an active game – with prizes!
• Place a sticky note on all of the items that need cleaning.
• Include activities like wiping down tables and chairs, flipping mattresses,
vacuuming sofa pillows and cleaning glass on pictures.
• Have children collect the sticky note from each task they complete.
• Inspect their work before collecting the sticky notes and tallying the
• Offer an active prize, like a ball, jump rope, Frisbee or bathing suit, to
the child who collects the most sticky notes.
Pump up intensity with music and time limits.
• Turn on the music and assign a certain number of songs for completing each
cleaning task. For example, allot two songs (about 6-8 minutes) for vacuuming
the carpet and floorboards in each room; one song for dusting; three for wiping
down outdoor furniture.
• By setting a time limit, you’ll all move faster and get your heart pumping – and
music will provide a pleasant beat to move to.
Reward a job well done.
• Make a special, healthy dinner for the whole family team.
• After dinner, assign everyone a clean-up task, then go for a walk as a group
to plan the next cleaning event.
Get family sports and
of our previously
posted sports and
to view them.