Almond Stuffed Chicken
Spice up chicken with a nutty, cheesy
filling and you’ve got a meal-time winner.
Not only is this easy to make, it’s full
of textures and flavors. Here’s another
time-saving tip: Toast the almonds first in
the skillet you’re going to use for the
chicken and you’ll only have to clean one
pan! Complete the meal with brown rice
and green beans.
Saturated fat: 4.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 1/3 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable
cheese (such as Boursin light)
• ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted, coarsely
chopped, and divided
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley,
• 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1½ teaspoons butter
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1. Combine cheese, 3 tablespoons
almonds, and 2 tablespoons chopped
fresh parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest
portion of each breast half to form a
3. Stuff 1½ tablespoons of cheese/almond
mixture into each pocket; secure each
pocket with a wooden pick. Sprinkle
chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over
medium heat. Add chicken and cook
6 minutes per side, or until done.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Cover and let
stand 2 minutes.
To serve: Top each chicken portion with remaining chopped almonds and parsley.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.