Classic Greek ingredients – including fresh herbs, olives, tomato and lemon – turn ordinary chicken breasts into food of the gods.
Total Fat 13.2 g
Satfat 3 g
Monofat 6.8 g
Polyfat 1.5 g
Protein 38 g
Carbohydrate 8 g
Fiber 2 g
Cholesterol 115 mg
Iron 1 mg
Sodium 518 mg
Calcium 74 mg
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1½ tablespoons olive oil
1¾ cups vertically sliced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 ounce chopped pitted kalamata olives
1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about ¼ cup)
1. Heat a grill or sauté pan over medium-high heat and coat surface with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in hot pan and cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Allow to rest in the pan while you complete the next step.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat surface. Add onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add olives and tomato and cook for 3 minutes or until the tomato begins to break down. Stir occasionally.
4. Remove pan from heat, then stir in parsley, oregano, and lemon juice.
5. Move chicken to a platter or individual plates. Top each piece of chicken with tomato and olive mixture, then sprinkle on feta.
Serves 4, 1 chicken breast half, ⅓ cup tomato mixture,
and 1 tablespoon feta each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.