Chicken and Dumplings RapidoFlour tortillas stand in for traditional biscuit dough for a quick switch. It’s easy to thaw frozen mixed vegetables in no time flat: Just place them in a colander and rinse them with warm water for about one minute.
Fat: 9.3g (Saturated fat: 3.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 1 tablespoon butter
• ½ cup pre-chopped onion
• 2 cups chopped roasted skinless,
boneless chicken breasts
• 1 (10-ounce) box frozen mixed
• 1½ cups water
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 bay leaf
• 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add beef; toss well to coat.
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in chicken and vegetables; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
3. While chicken mixture cooks, combine water, flour, and broth. Gradually stir broth mixture into chicken mixture. Stir in salt, pepper, and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in tortilla strips, and cook 2 minutes or until tortilla strips soften.
5. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and discard bay leaf. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings (about 1½ cups each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.