1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
3/4 cup chunky bottled salsa
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts,
diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup grated queso fresco or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook 5 minutes, stirring until lightly charred. Remove from heat; wipe skillet clean.
2. Combine corn, salsa, cilantro, and 2 tablespoons lime juice in bowl.
3. Place chicken in medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir well and set aside.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until it is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add garlic during last 30 seconds of cooking. Transfer chicken to a plate; wipe skillet clean.
5. Wrap tortillas in a paper towel; microwave on HIGH about 15 seconds or until warm. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each with chicken and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half; brush tops with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt, if desired.
6. Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 quesadillas, oiled sides down, pressing to flatten. Cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Flip; cook 45 seconds and transfer to a cutting board. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas.
7. Cut quesadillas into wedges; serve hot with remaining salsa.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.