Cranberry and Fresh cranberries are now appearing in produce aisles, so don’t wait until Thanksgiving to make the most of these precious pearls. Not only is this a perfect side dish for any kind of chicken, it pairs beautifully with baked ham and grilled salmon. Best yet, it’s a busy family’s dream: You can make the dressing ahead and store it in the frig for a few days until you’re ready to use it. You may want to make extra; it’s a nice dressing for green salads too!
Wild Rice Salad
Saturated fat, 0.5g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• ¾ cup chopped fresh cranberries
• ¼ cup cranberry juice cocktail
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 1½ tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 cups cooked wild rice (about ½ cup uncooked)
• 1 cup cooked orzo (about ½ cup uncooked rice-shaped
• ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
• ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
• ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Prep Time: 15 minutes
For the dressing: Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper. Chill.
For the salad: Combine wild rice and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle rice mixture with dressing, tossing to coat.
Yield: 20 servings of 1 brownie each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.