Creamy Chicken ‘n
Broccoli Hot Dish
This lighter version of the 1950’s high-fat casserole satisfies your cravings, and will still be the hit of any potluck dinner. By using pre-chopped and prepped veggies, you’ll save time too. If you’re serving this at the table, pour the mixture into a broiler-safe casserole dish before topping it with cheese and broiling.
Total Fat 11.9 g
Satfat 3.6 g
Monofat 5.1 g
Polyfat 2.2 g
Protein 29.1 g
Carbohydrate 15.2 g
Fiber 3.1 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Iron 1.5 mg
Sodium 547 mg
Calcium 253 mg
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 (12-ounce) package steam-in-bag broccoli florets
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup pre-chopped onion
2 (8-ounce) packages pre-sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1½ cups fat-free milk
12 ounces chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 3 cups)
½ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
¼ cup canola mayonnaise
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Dash of your favorite hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about ½ cup)
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Prepare broccoli in microwave according to package directions.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl pan to coat. Add onion and mushrooms, cooking for 12 minutes or until mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
5. Stir in broccoli and chicken and cook 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat. Stir in yogurt, mayonnaise, pepper, and salt. Top evenly with cheeses, then broil for 2 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 (1½ cups each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.