CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
Crunchy Cauliflower Fritters with Yogurt Sauce
Serve these delightfully crisp fritters with sautéed spinach for a beautifully colorful plate.
Serves 4, 2 fritters and 1 tablespoon sauce each.
Total Fat 11.9 g
Satfat 3.9 g
Monofat 3.8 g
Polyfat 1.6 g
Protein 10.9 g
Carbohydrate 16.7 g
Fiber 2.9 g
Cholesterol 109 mg
Iron 1.4 mg
Sodium 521 mg
Calcium 156 mg
1 (10-ounce) package steam-in-bag fresh cauliflower florets
½ cup pre-chopped onion
2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
⅝ teaspoon sea salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon grated lemon rind
¾ cup refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
2 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded (about ½ cup)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons olive oil
¼ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons minced green onions
2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Prepare cauliflower according to directions. Place cooked cauliflower in a bowl and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Some small chunks are fine for added texture.
- Stir in onion, flour, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, rind, potatoes, cheese, and eggs. Form into 8 patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Cook patties for 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine ⅛ teaspoon salt, yogurt, green onions, mayo and lemon juice to make the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over fritters to serve.
Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner—or anything in between—you’ll want to try these deliciously healthy recipes submitted by other “FitFamilies” members. Just click on the buttons below— there’s something to satisfy everyone’s taste buds!