Crunchy Herbed CauliflowerFall/winter vegetable sweetheart gets an upgrade with fresh herbs and a crunchy topping. Use your favorite herbs, such as oregano and sage, to pair this side with your main dish.
Total fat 2.5 g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed of big stalks and broken into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil (divided use)
2 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed, chopped into coarse crumbs
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh thyme
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets, then turn off the heat and let the cauliflower stand in the hot water for 1 minute. Drain well.
3. Place the drained cauliflower in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Spread the coated cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Place in hot oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. As the cauliflower roasts, heat the remaining oil in a small skillet. Add the bread crumbs and sauté over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until the crumbs are crispy. Add the fresh herbs, salt, and pepper and mix well. Remove the skillet from the heat.
5. Place the cauliflower in a serving bowl and top with the herbed crumbs before serving.
Serves 12, ½ cup each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.