Fava, Pea & Sugar Snap SaladFresh fava beans and green peas are a springtime delight featured in many produce departments. Use frozen beans if you can’t find fresh and skip the cooking steps. Leave out the prosciutto and you’ll have a wonderful vegan salad.
Saturated fat: 0.7g;
Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
4 pounds unshelled fava beans (about 2 cups shelled)
2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled)
¼ cup thinly sliced fresh mint
2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove beans from pods; discard pods.
2. Cook beans and snap peas in boiling water for 1 minute or until snap peas are crisp-tender.
3. Use a slotted spoon to move beans and peas to an ice water bath. Plunge beans and snap peas into ice water, then drain.
4. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins.
5. Combine beans, snap peas, green peas, mint, and prosciutto in a large serving bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
7. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss well.
Serves 8 (½ cup each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.