Feta-stuffed Pork ChopsBring the flavors of Greece to dinner with this simple yet elegant main dish. Serve with additional spinach or other steamed vegetables and brown rice or a baked potato.
Saturated fat: 3.4g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• Cooking spray
• 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
• ½ teaspoon salt, divided
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,
• 5 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without
• 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped
spinach, thawed, drained, and
• ¼ cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat
• 3 tablespoons (1½ ounces) block-style
fat-free cream cheese
• ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
• 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork
chops, trimmed of fat
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
Prep Time: 15 – 20 minutes
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
3. Add 2 garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute.
4. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and spinach; sauté until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses and lemon zest.
5. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about ¼ cup spinach mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
6. Arrange pork on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
7. Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, lemon juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl; stir well. Brush half of mustard mixture over pork.
8. Broil 6 minutes then turn pork over. Brush with remaining mixture and broil 2 minutes more or until done.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.