Glazed Mini Carrots
Sweeten any meal with the Vitamin
A-goodness of carrots. Save time by
buying bags of “baby” carrots (actually
peeled and pared down versions of mature
whole carrots), or simply peel and slice
your own. Leaving the skin on, and
scrubbing it well, doesn’t really add much
nutritional power and can add bitterness,
so scrape it off for best results.
Saturated fat: 1g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 3 cups (1 pound) mini carrots or
peeled/sliced large carrots
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 teaspoons butter
• ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1. Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and
salt in a large skillet.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium-high
3. Cover and cook until tender, 5 - 7
4. Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the
liquid thickens to a syrup glaze, about
1 - 2 minutes.
5. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
6. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
To serve: Top each chicken portion with
remaining chopped almonds and parsley.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.