Green Chili Cheesy “Rice”When is rice not really rice? When it’s actually cauliflower! You won’t believe how much this casserole tastes like the fat-laden, carb-centric rice casseroles you’ve seen on potluck tables. Take time to make this dish and you’ll be taking bows – and sharing the recipe with everyone who tastes it!
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1 large head (20 ounces) cauliflower
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup light sour cream
2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 11-by-7-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until softened, then add the garlic and sauté one more minute. Set aside.
3. Clean and cut off the thick stems from the cauliflower, leaving only the florets. Place the florets in an a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse in one-second pulses until the cauliflower is chopped to look like rice. Don’t over-pulse or it will get mushy. You should wind up with about 4 cups of cauliflower “rice.” Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Combine cooked onion and garlic, cottage cheese, sour cream, 1¾ cups of the cheddar cheese, green chiles and pepper in a large bowl. Stir well to combine, then stir in the cauliflower.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.