Smooth, creamy, simple and healthy, a holiday dip can hardly get any better than this. Plus everything you need might already be in your pantry – and kids will love it!
HINT: The amount of water called for equals ½ cup of water, minus one tablespoon. So simply pour ½ cup of water into a measuring cup, then remove 1 tablespoon for the correct measurement.
Total fat: 6.3g
Saturated fat: 1g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 (15.5 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove, minced
7 tablespoons water
1 English (seedless) cucumber, cut into
48 ¼-inch slices
• Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave at HIGH for 20 seconds.
• Place warmed peanut butter, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, pepper, salt, chickpeas and garlic in a food processor.
• With processor running, slowly drizzle in the water until the mixture is smooth.
• Adjust seasonings as you like.
• Serve with cucumber slices.
2 tablespoons hummus and 6 cucumber slices
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.