6 colored peppers (red, green, and yellow), washed and cored
1/2 cup brown rice
6-8 dried apricots, sliced
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
6-8 pre-roasted and peeled jarred chestnuts, thinly sliced (optional; you may substitute pecans or almonds)
1/2 cup silken tofu
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
6 basil leaves for garnish
1. Cook brown rice per directions on
package. While rice is cooking, wash
and core peppers.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly spray Pam or similar cooking
spray on a baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, mix cooked rice,
apricots, cranberries, chestnuts,
silken tofu, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
4. Evenly divide the brown rice mixture
among the 6 peppers.
5. Place peppers on baking dish and
bake at 350 degrees F until outside
of peppers are soft (about 30-40 minutes).
6. Garnish with basil leaves.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.