Israeli Quinoa SaladThis gorgeous quinoa salad pops with color from dried apricots, fresh parsley, and green onions. Bonus: It tastes just as good (if not better) the next day
Saturated fat: 1.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 cup water
½ cup uncooked quinoa
¾ cup fresh parsley leaves
½ cup thinly sliced celery
½ cup thinly sliced green onions
½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup unsalted pumpkin seed kernels, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Prepare the crust: In a bowl, combine rice, garlic powder, onion powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 egg. Spread the mixture along the bottom and up the sides of the coated pie plate. Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese onto the bottom of the crust.
3. Prepare the filling: Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and sausage and sauté for 5 minutes. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared crust.
4. In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, fat-free yogurt, salt, Tabasco, and egg whites, whisking until well blended.
5. Pour egg mixture into crust, then sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until the center is set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 (1 wedge per person)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.