Kasbah-Spice OrangesServe this fruity mix over frozen low-fat yogurt, swirled into plain Greek yogurt or in a parfait and make a memorable ending to your mid-week dinners.
Saturated fat: 0.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 pound dark purple seedless grapes, stems removed
12 ounces fresh blueberries
½ cup white grape juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
Small fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. Rinse the fruit, then pat dry with paper towels.
2. Place fruit in a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add grape juice and honey and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to stand and cool for 10 minutes.
4. Pour mixture in a food processor or blender and process until almost smooth. You can also use an immersion blender directly in the saucepan.
5. Strain the mixture in a fine mesh colander, discarding any solids. Place mixture in a serving bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
6. Stir in lemon rind and juice, and add salt, a little at a time to taste.
7. To serve: Ladle about ½ cup into 5 chilled bowls, garnishing with mint and additional lemon rind.
Serves 4 (about ½ cup each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.