Magic Mini Quiches
Add your favorite veggies (broccoli, asparagus, carrots) and pump up the flavor with your favorite herbs and spices. This basic recipe is flexible and simple – and great to have on hand for fast breakfasts you can reheat or eat cold.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
Non-stick cooking spray
6 saltine crackers, finely crushed
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
½ cup frozen whole kernel corn
¾ cup reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
16 oz. egg substitute
(such as Egg Beaters or Better ‘n Eggs)
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 regular muffin cups generously with cooking spray; set aside.
• Mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese in small bowl; set aside.
• Place broccoli in medium microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water and cover. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Drain well and chop into small pieces.
• Spoon cooked broccoli evenly into muffin cups, then top evenly with corn, cracker/cheese mixture and cheese. Pour egg substitute into the cups, dividing evenly.
• Bake 18 - 22 minutes or until the mixture puffs up, and a knife inserted in the center of a cup comes out clean.
• Remove from oven and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
• Run a table-knife around edge of each cup to loosen the quiches for serving.
3 mini quiches each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.