Mexican Chicken/Hominy SoupThere’s a zesty South-of-the-border accent to this hearty soup. Plus it comes together rapido – in about 30 minutes!
Saturated fat: 1.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 3/4 cups chopped onion
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
• 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless
rotisserie chicken breast
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, lower-sodium
• 1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, rinsed and
drained (or 1 cup frozen corn kernels,
• ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
• 4 lime wedges
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and jalapeño and sauté another minute.
2. Add chicken, black pepper, and broth; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in hominy and bring the soup to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
4. Ladle into 4 bowls and top each serving with 2 tablespoons of radishes and 1½ teaspoons cilantro.
5. Serve with lime wedges.
Servings: 4 servings (1½ cups each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.