Peach-Oat MuffinsThese grab-and-go breakfast muffins are loaded with the elements of a great breakfast: fiber, whole grains, good fats, non-fat dairy and fruit.
Saturated fat: 0.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• ¼ cup chopped pecans
• 1¾ cups uncooked regular oats
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ cup canola oil
• 2 large eggs
• 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup peach nectar
• 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
• 5 cups wheat bran cereal
• 1/3 cup chopped dried peaches
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 2 to 4 minutes or until toasted.
3. Process oats in a food processor or blender, about 45 seconds or until finely ground.
4. Beat sugar and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. The batter will be light yellow.
5. Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir together peach nectar and buttermilk in another small bowl. Alternate adding the dry oat mixture and peach/buttermilk mixture into the egg batter, beginning and ending with dry oat mixture. Stir until blended after each addition.
6. Gently stir in bran flakes, dried peaches, and toasted pecans. Spoon batter evenly into lightly greased muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
7. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: Muffins may be frozen for up to 1 month. Heat in toaster oven or microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds.
Yield: 24 servings of 1 muffin per serving
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.