Total fat 2.8 grams
Sodium 283 milligrams
(using Pacific brand 70 mg
Sodium per serving broth)
1 cup each
Cooking Light Magazine
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 tbsp canola oil
1 cup chopped onion
3 tbsps all-purpose flour
½ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2-inch cubed peeled sweet potato
¼ tsp salt
1 14 ½ oz can fat-free, reduced fat or
less-sodium or sodium free chicken broth
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 cup 1% low fat milk
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsps chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Heat oil in a dutch oven over
2. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
3. Stir in flour, curry powder, cumin,
nutmeg and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
4. Add sweet potato, salt, broth and
pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes
or until potato is tender,
5. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
6. Place half of pumpkin mixture in a
blender or food processor; process
7. Pour pureed soup into a large bowl.
Repeat procedure with remaining
8. Return soup to pan; stir in milk.
Cook over medium heat 6 minutes
or until thoroughly heated, stirring
often (do not boil).
9. Remove from heat; stir in juice.
10. Garnish w/chives.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.