Rosemary Oven-fried Chicken
Step away from the chicken fingers, kids, and step UP to this healthier, more mature and much tastier oven-fried entrée. Still want to be a kid? Cut the chicken into wide strips and serve with a honey-mustard dipping sauce.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 4-ounce chicken cutlets
1/3 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
¾ teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Additional rosemary leaves for garnish (optional)
• Heat oven to 425 degrees.
• Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet and spray the rack with cooking spray.
• Whisk together buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish. Add chicken to mixture and turn to coat.
• Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add Panko and stir while cooking about 3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden.
• In a shallow dish, combine Panko with nuts, cheese, minced rosemary, salt and pepper.
• One by one, remove chicken from the buttermilk mixture and dredge each cutlet in the Panko mixture. Arrange each piece on the wire rack. Discard the remaining buttermilk mixture.
• Bake chicken in preheated oven for 13 minutes or until a thermometer indicates it is done.
• Garnish with rosemary leaves before serving.
one 4-oz. cutlet each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.