Rosemary-Walnut Oven-fried ChickenYour family may never want commercial fried chicken again once you serve this crispy, flavorful entrée that’s under 300 calories per serving. Serve it with steamed vegetables and brown rice for a filling, delicious dinner.
Saturated fat: 1.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
Polyunsaturated fat: 5.1g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 (6-ounce) chicken cutlets
⅓ cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
¾ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Additional rosemary leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and turn the cutlets to coat them well. Set chicken aside to marinate as you prepare the coating.
3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add Panko to pan and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden.
4. In a shallow dish, combine heated Panko, nuts, cheese, minced rosemary, salt and pepper.
5. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and discard liquid. Dredge chicken in dry Panko mixture.
6. Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack and coat top of chicken with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with additional rosemary leaves before serving.
Serves 4 (1 cutlet)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.