Salad PizzaIt’s a pizza! It’s a salad! It’s both!
Combine two courses into one
with this fresh take on a fast
and fantastic summertime
meal. It’s flexible too,
so feel free to add leftover
roasted chicken or grilled
shrimp if you have it on hand.
Calories from fat: 31%
Total fat: 10.9g
Saturated fat: 3.7g
Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 4 (7-inch) pita rounds
• 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim
• ½ cup thinly sliced Vidalia or other
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
(more to taste)
• 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
• ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely
• 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
• 4 cups packaged gourmet salad greens
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Preheat oven to 475°. Place pitas on a baking
sheet. Spread ½ teaspoon garlic on each
pita. Sprinkle each pita with ¼ cup cheese,
and divide onion evenly among pitas. Bake
at 475° for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly
browned and cheese is bubbly.
While pitas bake, whisk together vinegar, oil,
and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes,
olives, and basil, then add salad greens and
toss gently to coat.
Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each pita
with about 1 cup salad and serve
YIELD: 4 servings
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.