Savory Roasted VegetablesSimple, delicious and flexible. How much more could you ask in a veggie side? Get creative with ingredients and use Brussels sprouts (halved), broccoli or cauliflower florets, sliced cabbage and carrots. Even substitute your favorite herb for the rosemary, like thyme or sage.
Saturated fat: 1g
Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include salt to taste.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 zucchini, sliced
• 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubes
• 1 onion, peeled and cut into eighths
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
• ¼ cup olive oil (or less)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper or red pepper flakes
• Salt to taste
1. Sprinkle eggplant with salt, place in a colander in the sink, and let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together eggplant and remaining ingredients, and arrange in a single layer in 2 aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pans.
3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown. Season with salt to taste.
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.