Seared Scallops with Cauliflower MashersPat the scallops dry before cooking them for a better sear. Add a side of sautéed spinach and you’ll have a colorful plate that’s simple and fast enough for weeknights, yet elegant enough for company.
Total fat: 8.9g
Saturated fat: 3.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
1 cup cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
1 cup water
½ cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon canola oil
1½ pounds sea scallops
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
2. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan.
4. Pour cauliflower mixture into a blender. Add ½ teaspoon salt, butter, and red pepper flakes. Remove center piece of blender lid, allowing steam to escape. Secure lid on blender and place piece of paper towel over opening in lid to avoid splatters. Blend until smooth.
5. Serve scallops over puree.
½ cup puree and about 4 scallops each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.