Shrimp Tacos and Green Apple SalsaWake Up Your Taste Buds With These Healthy, Crunchy, Deliciously Twisted Tacos. Serve With A Side Of Spicy Beans For A Wonderful Flavor Contrast.
Fat 9.4 g (Satfat 1.6 g; Monofat 5.3 g; Polyfat 1.7 g)
Protein 21.2 g
Carbohydrate 24.3 g
Fiber 3 g
Cholesterol 170 mg
Iron 3 mg
Sodium 364 mg
Calcium 87 mg
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon hot smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
⅓ cup sliced green onions
¼ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon grated lime rind
1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
1 minced seeded jalapeño pepper
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 ounce crumbled queso fresco
1. Make seasoning mixture by combining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place shrimp in a zip-top bag and add seasoning mixture before sealing. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, make the salsa by tossing together 1½ teaspoons oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, onions, ⅛ teaspoon salt, lime rind, apple, and jalapeño.
4. Pour shrimp from bag into a colander and discard marinade. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with⅛ teaspoon salt. Arrange half of shrimp in pan and grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.
5. Toast the tortillas in the same grill pan, if desired. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas. Divide salsa evenly on the top of each, then top with queso fresco.
Serves 4, 2 tacos each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.