Skinny Pizza SnackIdeal for a quick snack after a workout or as a delicious lunch beside a salad, these “pizza” slices are a taste treat that won’t bust your belt. Use arugula for a slightly spicier flavor, or spinach for a milder taste.
Total fat 4 g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 thin whole wheat roll
(such as Arnold Sandwich Thins Rolls)
1 cup baby arugula or baby spinach
2 teaspoons prepared pesto
2 tablespoons jarred marinara sauce
½ cup canned cannellini beans, drained
and rinsed then lightly mashed
4 thin slices of fresh tomato
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1 slice reduced-fat provolone cheese,
cut in half
1. Preheat broiler to high. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil.
2. Place the two halves of the bread on the prepared pan, cut side up. Broil 1 - 2 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven.
3. In medium bowl, combine the arugula or spinach with the pesto, mixing well.
4. Spread each half of the toasted bread with the marinara sauce. Top with the cannellini beans, greens-and-pesto mix, then tomato slices. Sprinkle with oregano. Finally, top each pizza with half of the cheese.
5. Return the pan to the oven and broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serves 2 , 1 slice each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.