Stuffed Cabbage SoupThe flavors of hearty stuffed cabbage come shining through in this healthy and delicious winter warm-up.
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrate 18 g
Fiber 3 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 248 mg
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 pound lean ground beef (93% to 96% lean)
Salt, to taste
1 large white onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
1½ teaspoons sweet paprika
½ teaspoon dried thyme
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) regular or no-salt-added tomato sauce
5 cups unsalted beef broth or stock
4 cups chopped green cabbage
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup cooked brown rice
1. Place ground beef in a large soup pot set over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and use a potato masher to break it into small pieces as it browns. Drain off fat and reduce heat to medium low.
2. Add onion, garlic, paprika and thyme. Cook until the onions are soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef stock and cabbage, and season with the remaining salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the cabbage is soft, about 35 minutes.
5. Add the cooked brown rice and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
Serves 8, 1½ cups each
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.