Summer Pasta BowlTossing pasta with fresh summer vegetables is a no-brainer dinner idea. Topping it with crumbled bacon is genius! Don’t fret over the ingredients: Use whatever veggies you have on hand or find at the market. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Total Fat 8.4 g
Satfat 3.3 g
Monofat 2.9 g
Polyfat 0.8 g
Protein 12.8 g
Carbohydrate 32.6 g
Fiber 4 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Iron 1.7 mg
Sodium 626 mg
Calcium 203 mg
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
8 ounces uncooked cavatappi (small corkscrew shaped pasta)
4 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
1 pint grape tomatoes
½ cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pan.
3. Add olive oil to drippings. Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst, stirring occasionally.
4. Add pasta to tomato mixture in pan and toss. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Remove
5. Add ¼ cup cheese, basil, salt, and pepper, tossing to combine. Place in large serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.
Serves 4, about 2 cups pasta mix and 1 tablespoon cheese
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.