Winter Cabbage WiltA luxurious side dish for roast pork or chicken that makes the most of what’s fresh in winter. Pecorino Romano cheese adds a creamy zip of flavor.
Saturated fat: 2.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.5
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup peeled, cubed turnip
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
¼ cup shallots, thinly sliced
3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 (15-ounce) can unsalted white beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ounce (about ½ cup) Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and swirl to coat surface. 2. Add turnip, thyme, shallots and ⅛ teaspoon of salt. Sauté 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 6 minutes or until turnips are slightly tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Increase heat to medium-high; add beans and cook 2 minutes.
5. Add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, cabbage, water, vinegar and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute or until cabbage is slightly wilted.
6. Top evenly with cheese before serving.
Serves 4 (1 cup each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.