Winter Warm-up SoupThis hearty vegetarian soup warms up chilly nights. Use any type of canned (or frozen) beans you have on hand, and add rotisserie chicken or Italian turkey sausage to make a heartier one-pot meal.
Saturated fat: 1.4g
Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup chopped onion
• ½ cup chopped carrot
• ½ cup chopped celery
• ½ teaspoon salt, divided
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 cups organic vegetable broth, divided
• 7 cups stemmed, chopped kale (about
• 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini
beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black
beans, rinsed and drained
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat.
2. Add onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and garlic; cook 1 minute.
3. Stir in 3 cups vegetable broth and kale. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until kale is crisp-tender.
4. Place half of cannellini beans and remaining 1 cup vegetable broth in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
5. Add pureed bean mixture, remaining cannellini beans, black beans, and pepper to soup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, vinegar, and rosemary before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (about 1¼ cups each)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.