Summer Snapper with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Take advantage of the last of the summer garden goodness with a flavorful fish dish. The recipe serves two, but can easily be increased to serve the whole family.
Fat: 11.8g (Saturated fat: 1.8g; Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g; Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
AND PRINT THIS RECIPE
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
1 cup diced zucchini
1½ tablespoons minced shallots
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat.
2. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper over fish. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
3. Add zucchini, shallots, oregano, lemon rind, 1 teaspoon oil, and ⅛ teaspoon salt to the pan; sauté 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine zucchini mixture, tomato, remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, basil, and juice; toss gently.
5. Divide zucchini mixture between two plates and top with a fish fillet. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 (1 fish fillet and one cup of zucchini mix)
If it meets our criteria,
we’ll publish it on
the FitFamily site!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Get recipes from the
FitFamily archives!If you missed any
of our previously
to view them.